Parent Volunteer News
Please use the links below to sign up to provide tech meals to hungry students and to help with concessions on performance nights:
DOES YOUR CHILD HAVE DIETARY RESTRICTIONS?: Please indicate any dietary restrictions in this document.
Thank you for all you do to help make our productions a success!
From: Ellen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Thursday, October 6, 2011, 5:25 PM
Hello everyone, Here is the list of parents (so far) of our fabulous WSHS actors and actresses in the upcoming Andrew Finley production of The Desperate Hours.
Please use this list to contact each other.
We have the following people signed up as coordinators:
Costume Mistress: Jody Jinneman
Lead Concessions: Lisa Clark
Food for build/tech: Ellen Zrimsek
I will coordinate the food for the kids on Build and Tech dates. So please respond to me only (not all) with the dates you would like to bring them lunch or dinner. See below THANKS~!
Reminder: Andrew needs us to support him in the following ways:
Remember the show dates are: Oct. 26,27, 28 and Nov. 2, 3, 4
You can reserve your tickets (but not seats) online @ westsidedrama.com at a discount, or buy at the door
We are just 2 1/2 weeks from opening "12 Angry People". I wanted to check in with you on a couple of things:
1) A reminder from the permission slip you saw when your student auditioned: as of this week, all rehearsals are mandatory through opening night on November 4th. This is particularly important because in the past several weeks we've had a lot of students missing rehearsals and having effective rehearsals has been really challenging. For example, only 6 of 12 were in attendance last Thursday. Since everyone is on stage for the entire play, its virtually impossible to hold a meaningful rehearsal when fully half the cast is missing. Consequently, the show is behind schedule - we're going to be racing the clock to be ready to open on Nov. 4th. I would really appreciate your support in these final two weeks encouraging the students to uphold their commitment to the Drama Club and their fellow cast mates by helping to ensure that they attend rehearsals on time every day they are called. One of the most important things that is learned in drama is accountability to their commitments and to each other. This is really important not only for the quality of the show but for each student's own growth.
2) The rehearsal calendar is available at the Westside Drama website: http://www.westsidedrama.com/family-calendar. We start building this weekend. All cast/crew are called Saturday & Sunday, 10am-4pm. Students should wear comfortable clothes they can paint in.
3) Costumes will be a focus this week. We'd love your help gathering items for the show. Look for more information on this in the next few days.
I really appreciate all the support the families give to each production we do. You are a critical element of the success of every show.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
More info to come soon!
Good morning, all. I neglected to mention that our head count is 49 including all-hands.
Also, updates on food assignments: dinners tomorrow (spaghetti, salad, bread) and Mon 5/17 (pasta, salad, bread), and Sat 5/15 lunch (deli-style sandwiches, salad, chips) are taken. Our kids will eat like frog royalty!
And huge thanks to Jennifer Broadstone, who will handle Concessions. Another need is for parent contributions of baked items for concessions – individually wrapped and easy, non-messy fingerfood is much-preferred. Feel free to let Jennifer and I know if you can send Concessions baked goods and/or work the Concessions stand.
One other area I’d love help is to get copies of flyers to area elementary school and kid-oriented places like YMCA, etc. If you are willing to take on a few locations or areas, have your student bring you colored flyers and let me know so I can ensure good coverage. (I also need to coordinate this with the Marketing students who are handling PR activities as well.)
Please help me get the word out to parents as I have yet to receive all email addresses. I’ll be in touch in the coming days with updates as needed. Have a great Tuesday!
Greetings, parent supporters of our talented orchestra, technical theatre and thespian students:
Lacey and I have collected a few more email addresses, and I’d like to put out a plea – I mean enthusiastic invitation , to help support the kids by signing on for an activity if you haven’t yet done so. If all parents put in an hour or two, it makes it fun for everyone, and this group of kids is rewarding to work with because they appreciate you!
So please sign up to…
- MOST IMMEDIATELY need a volunteer for tomorrow’s dinner. Even just a main dish or casserole thing, or dessert, and I can fill in w/ salad & bread and such. Thanks for considering!! See below for more info.
- Need dinner for next Tuesday (offers for partial menu is ok, certainly better than nothing and I can pair families up to share)
- Prepare and deliver concession items (cookies, brownies, bars, finger food, etc) – If every family baked and delivered a couple dozen cookies, we’d be SET! Jennifer Broadstone is coordinating this and will likely be following up – in the meantime let one of us know if you can commit; Jennifer can be reached at (Broadstone@mail.com or cell 409.3371).
- Work the concession room for an evening (less than two hours of your time and you get to see the show)
Concession sales help cover many of their costs (including many dinners by now not to mention costumes, the elaborate set and the labor to construct it, etc) which greatly minimize kids’ out-of-pocket costs in our school theatre. And incoming food and beverages keep kids and Coach and Finley energized (and happy!) .
And a huge thanks to Jo and Mark Bader and Jennifer and David Broadstone for delivery delicious dinners – lovely home-cooked spicy healthy chili with salad/bread and a delicious spaghetti & caesar & whole-grained garlic break tonight – YUM!
Thanks so much for considering to help. Please let me know ASAP if you can help tomorrow night.